[CentOS] Location of 5.2 .iso without XEN

Sat Nov 22 20:35:57 UTC 2008
Sam Drinkard <sam at wa4phy.net>

Lanny Marcus wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 11:58 AM, Sam Drinkard <sam at wa4phy.net> wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> unexpected, I have to ask questions.  I'm amazed that I missed the
>> virtualization when I did the install.. I'm going to blow it all away and
>> start fresh, mainly because I didn't like the default partitioning on the
>> drives.  I'm in uncharted waters for me with the raid array, and trying to
>> figure out what is what.
>>

> Sam: As I recall, when you do the installation, it asks you if you
> want to select the packages now or later. Select now and I think
> Virtualization is at or near the end of the lists of different groups
> of packages. Seems like xen is depreciated (?) and/or there are other
> virtualization methods that are easier to work with? You may want to
> scan the list archives for things about xen. Also, Download the
> documentation, from the CentOS web site and from Upstream (they may
> have more manuals available for download) regarding setting up RAID
> and check out the CentOS Wiki.    GL & 73, Lanny

Hi Lanny,

I was very particular when doing this install, and I did see the
virtualization box.  I suppose I assumed it was something else when I
did the first install.  I've now got a good install afaik at this point,
so I'll start off by updating the basic system. I know there is a heap
of stuff that has changed since 4.7, and I just gotta play catch up.
I'm not one to jump on the latest and greatest...  xen is like a foreign
language to me.. don't want it or need it.  Will peruse the archives and
see what else I've got to get updated on..

73,

Sam