[CentOS] Stop the FUD Xen is not deprecated

Wed Nov 26 21:28:47 UTC 2008
Karanbir Singh <kbsingh at centos.org>

Joseph L. Casale wrote:
>> offers medium to low performance compared to other
>> similar products
>
> I get it, you *hate* Microsoft and Windows and ...

Thats not true, I just dont have any use for either of them and noone I
work with does either. Joseph, you are letting your imagination run away
with you.

 > That's cool. But before you
> make claims about facts (not opinion, which is very valid as I respect your
> personal choices to be good for you) you should verify those. Vmware is does some
> impressive stuff, again, that's what paying for software can ****sometimes*** grant:
> The gigantic dev team making good progress.  This thread has suggested esx performance
> is medium to low, and that is just not true, for Linux or Windows guests. It's pretty
> freaking fast. Lots of us have the infrastructure to back that up.

I'd be happy to have you over my place and we can do some real world
performance testing in server roles. I'd also be happy to show you
exactly how mediocre the vmware platform appears to be in some real
world deployments.

vmware have been around for a long time, and they do have a usable
product and it does do loads in different incantations. But one thing
its not good at is SME virtualisation. An area they know well, and
something they are quite concerned about.

btw, as might not be clear to some people, I dont do Windows
hosts/guests so dont know what the issues there might be. My experience
is purely based on Linux centric stuff.

--
Karanbir Singh
CentOS Project { http://www.centos.org/ }