[CentOS] [Help] About Participate in CentOS - knoweldge sharing.

Fri Nov 28 12:14:46 UTC 2008
Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam at whitemice.org>

On Thu, 2008-11-27 at 16:15 +0800, wu yaling wrote:
> Dear friend,
> We are conducting a study on the motivation of the knowledge sharing
> on the CentOS community.
> The contributors’ experience to Linux is very important to the design
> and management of this knowledge platform.
> Would you please post the following on-line questionnaire message to
> the CentOS platform or forward the message to the members?
> After the survey is done, we will randomly select twenty persons and
> present them with USB 2GB Flash Drives.
> Besides, with each valid questionnaire, we will donate US $1 dollar to
> CentOS.org.
> The result of this survey is analyzed in an anonymous way and is only
> regarded as the academic use.
> Please help us to complete the data collection.

I filled it out, but to be blunt - this survey complete stinks.  Questions like:

"The Linux platform can perform complex tasks using various knowledge."

What the !(*&$*(!(* does that even mean?  Please don't publish, or use,
any results from this survey as they will be complete junk.

(a) The "Linux platform" doesn't "perform complex tasks".  Users do,
applications do, maybe.  What is a "complex task"?
(b) "using various knowledge".  Eh?  Do you mean it requires "various
knowledge" to set it up / configure it?  Still: Eh?  What is "various
knowledge"?