[CentOS] Clone ATA to SATA HDD

Sat Nov 29 20:54:43 UTC 2008
Shade.GE <shade.ge at gmail.com>

Joseph L. Casale schrieb:
>> How can i get of that LVM and clone it to the new SATA drive?
>>

> Well, you need modules in your new initrd for the sata controller.
> It looks like you have everything else in order.
>
> FWIW, I do softraid under LVM no problem and I like the flexibility
> of LVM so I always use it now.
>
> jlc

Yea the SATA modules are included in the initrd. Grub boots but i cannot
get over to init. Well, its not important if LVM is there or not. Its
the intel board with the singel core atom cpu. so 2 sata and one ide
port. It looks like that the kernel cannot find the root device. One
message i got is the swap cannot be enabled because no swap device was
found.

Wolfgang