[CentOS] quarantine mail

Rob Taylor centos at uspec.co.uk
Wed Oct 1 13:53:31 UTC 2008

--On 01 October 2008 09:18 -0400 kcc <peterkcc2001 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> In my mailscanner, i have mail in quarantine folder.
>
> How can I get back attachement in quarantine folder?
>
> I use mail user < message. but the attachment is just coding not the attachment
>
> thank you

Hi

You can move the attachment to another directory, change ownership to 'admin' and then FTP the file down and re-email to recipient, obviously if it you will have to send to an address that won't go through MainScanner!

For a more permanent solution edit /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf, find the following lines:

Quarantine Whole Message = no
Quarantine Whole Messages As Queue Files = no

..and change them both to 'yes', now when emails are quarantined it will store them as message files (dfmxxxxxxxx and qfmxxxxxxxxxx) which you can just copy back to the /var/spool/mqueue directory (You don't need to copy the attachment file), the message will not go through MainScanner again and will be delivered to the recipient.

This may vary depending on your setup etc but should point you in the correct direction)!

Thanks
Rob