[CentOS] quarantine mail

Ray Leventhal centos at swhi.net
Wed Oct 1 16:11:01 UTC 2008

kcc wrote:
> Hi
>
> In my mailscanner, i have mail in quarantine folder.
>
> How can I get back attachement in quarantine folder?
>
> I use mail user < message. but the attachment is just coding not the
> attachment
>
> thank you
I'm not certain this is *the* way to do it, but...assuming you've
allowed the attachments in your MailScanner.conf and rules files and
want to resend them:

install sharutils via yum (this set includes uuencode which is used in
the next step
once that's done, this should send the stuff to the recipient:

# uuencode filename filename | mail -s "subject" customer at domain.com
<mailto:customer at domain.com>

I'm sure that someone who knows more than I will post, but this worked
for me on CentOS 5.2 in my shared hosting environment.

There's a setting in MailScanner.conf which will allow saving the actual
queue files, not just the attachments...I changed this setting to 'yes'
to enable a more simple method (moving the qf* and df* files back to the
queue)
Quarantine Whole Messages As Queue Files = yes

YMMV..
HTH,
-Ray