[CentOS] scp and key login

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Wed Oct 1 17:54:44 UTC 2008

Matt Hyclak wrote on Wed, 1 Oct 2008 11:52:14 -0400:

> Keychain handles that for you.
>
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/keychain

Thanks for the info, no need for it anymore, though. I use Putty on
Windows and connect to machine A and then scp from B to C. (That's why I
said "no GUI".) So I needed agent forwarding from A to B to C. I just
realized that Pageant (from Putty) provides agent forwarding if I set the
sessions to allow this. So, I now connect directly to B and scp to C and
don't need to run the agent on B anymore as the chain is short enough.
The few times I need a forwarded session directly from the console I'll
use the method Tony explained. Thank you both!

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany