AW: [CentOS] Nightly yum update did an "upgrade"

Griesbach, Lutz lutz.griesbach at coremedia.com
Thu Oct 2 11:54:32 UTC 2008

Oh, c'mon!

If I want to talk about professional honor, I'd prefer a different list.

I know, that they're switched of by default - but I didn't set up this machine and I have rarely any documentation about it. Somebody (my predecessor) enabled nightly updates and I thought, there might be a reason for it. Until last night I didn't even know, somebody has enabled it.

Also I didn't now, that nightly updates include upgrades and this doesn't makes sense to me either. Who wants to get 193 packages including kernel, glibc and the like, without any notice over night on his machine?

So, I thought it might be possible to stick in the release during nightly updates, but your educational answer doesn't help much.

Thanks anyway, I disabled it.