AW: [CentOS] Nightly yum update did an "upgrade"

Griesbach, Lutz lutz.griesbach at coremedia.com
Thu Oct 2 12:56:13 UTC 2008

Ok, i only tried "upgrade" once manually to get another box from centos4.4 to a 4.5 ( and I ran into this http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=2557 ) and thought, the difference between update and upgrade is like the debian based "apt-get upgrade" and "apt-get dist-upgrade".

The man page states this as well, vandaman is right, I should have RTFM, but I was a bit in a hurry and I thought, I could get some quick help here.