[CentOS] VNC & GDM & runlevel 3

Test

test at remedial-teacher.nl
Thu Oct 2 17:57:39 UTC 2008

Has anybody been able to get this to work ?

I have been trying multiple options until now but all give me the empty
crappy desktop with black cross display...

I have tried changing the server_args in the xinetd config, but that
makes a connection and exits straigt away...

On 1 box it works in runlevel 5, but that is obvious (IMHO)...

My Config:

/etc/services
vnc800           5900/tcp                       # VNC & GDM 800x600
vnc1024          5901/tcp                       # VNC & GDM 1024x768

xinetd.d
service vnc800
{
disable = no
socket_type = stream
protocol = tcp
wait = no
user = nobody
server = /usr/bin/Xvnc
server_args = -inetd -broadcast -geometry 800x600 -depth 16 -once -fp unix/:7100 -securitytypes=none
}

/etc/gdm/custom.conf
[xdmcp]
Enable=True