[CentOS] VNC & GDM & runlevel 3

Test test at remedial-teacher.nl
Thu Oct 2 17:57:39 UTC 2008

Has anybody been able to get this to work ?

I have been trying multiple options until now but all give me the empty
crappy desktop with black cross display...

I have tried changing the server_args in the xinetd config, but that
makes a connection and exits straigt away...

On 1 box it works in runlevel 5, but that is obvious (IMHO)...

My Config:

vnc800           5900/tcp                       # VNC & GDM 800x600
vnc1024          5901/tcp                       # VNC & GDM 1024x768

service vnc800
disable = no
socket_type = stream
protocol = tcp
wait = no
user = nobody
server = /usr/bin/Xvnc
server_args = -inetd -broadcast -geometry 800x600 -depth 16 -once -fp unix/:7100 -securitytypes=none

Test <test at remedial-teacher.nl>