[CentOS] OT Mailing List Spam

Glenn centos at 1bigadmin.biz
Thu Oct 2 19:33:52 UTC 2008

At 03:13 PM 10/2/2008, you wrote:
>John R Pierce a écrit :
>>>
>>except, 99% of spam has forged FROM addresses,
>
>Yeah, but at least one sender IP that can't be
>forged. Run jwhois on that, which usually gives
>you an abuse at provider adress, and then simply
>forward them the spam. Normal providers hate
>hosting spammers. Unless, of course, it's one of
>those phantom PC farms constitued of 50.000 infested Windows PC's.

As it was, the original poster of the thread did
not post his email headers, so we are just taking
his word for it that it came from eircom.net.
However, emailing their abuse at eircom.net now gets
an auto-response that they will not accept
reports via email, but you must now fill in a web form to report.
<rant>
In which case I notified them that I considered
that RFC-Ignorant behavior and that each and
every offending IP would be included in my local DNSBL.
</rant>
Problem solved!

Cheers!