[CentOS] Re: Question on Wireless Setup

Olaf Mueller daily-planet at istari.de
Sun Oct 5 12:29:06 UTC 2008

Ashish Vijaywargiya wrote:

Hello.

> Can you please look at my problem ?
In my opinion you have not give us enough information to solve this
problem. Are you using wep, wpa, wpa2, wpa_supplicant, *-fwcutter? What
module are you loading, anything blacklisted in /etc/modprobe.conf
or /etc/modprobe.d/*?

If you are using wpa_supplicant, is it started on boot *before* network?
Are your entries in /etc/sysconfig/wpa_supplicant correct?

>> I kept a file iwlwifi-3945-1.ucode into the /lib/firmware/
What does this mean? With *-fwcutter? Is your driver loaded (lsmod  |
grep <driver>)?

My /etc/sysconfig/wpa_supplicant:
# wlan0 and wifi0
# INTERFACES="-iwlan0 -iwifi0"
INTERFACES="-ieth1"
# ndiswrapper and prism
# DRIVERS="-Dndiswrapper -Dprism"
#DRIVERS="-Dndiswrapper"
DRIVERS="-Dwext"

My settings on boot for /etc/init.d/wpa_supplicant
and /etc/init.d/network:
# grep chkconfig /etc/init.d/wpa_supplicant /etc/init.d/network
/etc/init.d/wpa_supplicant:# chkconfig:   - 9 88
/etc/init.d/network:# chkconfig: 2345 10 90

regards
Olaf