[CentOS] Re: mysqld breaks yum, help?

RobertH roberth at abbacomm.net
Sun Oct 5 20:39:26 UTC 2008

> z00dax in irc made a good point, that I should mention that this is a
> VPS and i have root access. No one else is on this machine.
>
> Furthermore, disabling the fastestmirror plugin solves the problem
> for now. (thanks z00dax)
>
> If anything else weird happens i'll write back.
>
> Thanks for the help.

Dac

Interesting...

Why does disabling something that the centos website says is "highly
recommended" (multiple times) fix this issue?

For those that do not know, you can disable this plugin by removing it or by
going to the /etc/yum directory, and then go to the plugin directory below
there and editing the proper file and zeroing out the enable line

 -rh