[CentOS] mysqld breaks yum, help?

Dac Chartrand dac.chartrand at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 12:48:36 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 5:31 AM, Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>wrote:

> Apart from that, as you have "inherited" a VPS. What is that? Do you rent
> it from a hosting provider? If so, and keeping in mind that there's
> obviously a problem with opening more threads (fastestmirror will open
> simultaneous download threads to several repo's to find out the fastest):
> Have you considered asking your provider the obvious?

Inherited means a provider (networkredux.com) is sponsoring a project of
mine (sf.net/projects/sux0r) with a free VPS so I can host the demo and
other development initiatives. I was using shared hosting before as provided
by them. I like them, they are helpful, I would recommend them regardless of
the issue I am currently having.

I wrote the provider. They looked into it. I didn't give any answer about
threads. All they could say is that this behavior didn't  happen on their
other similarly configured systems and as fastmirror solved the problem they
consider the issue closed.