[CentOS] Re: OT: RIP settings for private netblocks

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Mon Oct 6 17:21:47 UTC 2008

James B. Byrne wrote:

> I will deal with NAT issues for these hosts at a later time.  For now I am
> concerned only with hosts that should not reach or be reached from the
> public Internet in any case and therefore do not need a public IP or NAT.

You can accomplish this much easier by simply using
a firewall. I like OpenBSD firewalls in layer 2
bridging mode. Put the firewall in-line between the
router and the rest of the network, no other network
changes needed.

If your not well versed in routing I wouldn't recommend
going around making a bunch of changes to a system that
I assume has been more or less working for more than
a decade.

nate