[CentOS] Re: OT: C++ Newbie "Hello World" problem SOLVED

John jses27 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 09:00:33 UTC 2008

JohnStanley Writes:

>>It does everything but actually write the cookie.
That sound like an (exec) problem there to me. I don't really know your
skill with linux but you may need to define the (exec) option for the apache
configfile "httpd.conf". It all could be leading from file permission
problems. If you were running  SELinux and now you not, you may need to run
"./autolabel" on the system. One more thing that comes to mind there seems
to be some type of Bug or Problem when using the GUI to set the file
permissions. It does not not always do a chmod -R or chown -R as in apply
recursive permissions to all the file contents in a specific folder

One last thing is how are you running the "cgi-bin" contents? Through
Apache, Mod-CGI, Fast-CGI or Mod Pythons CGI? Apache needs to be the folder
owner witch I take it, it is from you saying it does work on a few things?