[CentOS] Re: OT: C++ Newbie "Hello World" problem SOLVED

Thu Oct 9 03:09:06 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 2:03 AM, tech <tech at laamail.com> wrote:
>> Lanny Marcus wrote:
>> I began with Assembly Language, Machine Language and Fortran.
>
> This sounds like me (except for the Fortran bit). I even think that COBOL is
> new fangled stuff. This "senior citizen" doesn't mind being called a newbie.

I had a class in COBOL. They are still using it and I see jobs listed
for COBOL. Those of us who don't work with these things all day, every
day, will probably always be newbies.

> I have made some progress but am still frustrated.
> I took the suggestions made here. I put the CGI stuff in var/www/cgi-bin/. I
> double checked my permissions and http.conf file but ....
<snip>
> Where do I go next?

Try <http://www.webhostingtalk.com/>

If you can't get what you need there, someone can probably point you
to another web site.
I remember a couple of things about Apache for our web sites on shared
hosting that were hard for me to get right. It's like anything else,
once you know how to do it, it's easy.......