[CentOS] Re: NameVirtualHost and CGI Problems

Mike -- EMAIL IGNORED m_d_berger_1900 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 18:07:08 UTC 2008

On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 10:14:54 -0700, Jerry Franz wrote:

> What do you get in the error_log?

I found the CGI problem (mia culpa), and  the CGI
is now working, but the NameVirtualHost still has
a problem.

   <Location />
      Order allow,deny
      Allow from None
      Deny from All

   ServerName new.rosemike.net
   Options -All SymLinksIfOwnerMatch ExecCGI
   DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/www"
   DirectoryIndex index.cgi
   RewriteEngine on

With the above I get:
   [client] client denied by server configuration:
   [client] client denied by server configuration:

If I comment out the first VirtualHost block I get correct
function.  Most notably, "correct function" persists if I
comment out the ServerName line.  It appears the ServerName line
is ignored in all cases.  I also tried changing the order of
the VirtualHost blocks.  No change.

Thanks again for your interest.