[CentOS] Re: NameVirtualHost and CGI Problems

Mike -- EMAIL IGNORED m_d_berger_1900 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 19:48:11 UTC 2008

On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 21:31:19 +0200, Kai Schaetzl wrote:

> what's the purpose of that whole confusing configuration? If you want to
> use IP-based virtualhosts *any* of them needs a servername. And why do
> you enclose the Location statement in a virtualhost? Why don't you
> simply specify the real location? And I would use <Location "/"> to make
> it look less like XML.
>
>> Options -All SymLinksIfOwnerMatch ExecCGI
> you don't need to remove All
>
>>From my perspective you aim at a really hard to read and understand
> configuration. I wouldn't ever dare to mix the IP-based hosts like you
> try to do. Simplify your config and it will work.
>
> Kai

If I understand you correctly, you indicate that I
should remove the VirtualHost that does not contain
a ServerName, advice in the delivered httpd.config
file notwithstanding.  In fact, that is how I now
have it, thereby eliminating the protection against
IP address access, which I would rather have.

In any case, as I indicate in another post, it still
fails to properly distinguish on the basis of
ServerName.

Mike.