[CentOS] More Samba Questions

Joseph L. Casale

JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Thu Oct 9 20:18:35 UTC 2008

I have never setup a Samba server, and the recent thread here prompted to
get on this I need to migrate two XP machines from using iSCSI to Samba.

I thought the "+" preceding a username in the smb.conf file for a
share definition told Samba to use the unix username? Unless I actually
use swat to create and enable the user and take off the + it doesn't work.

Any ideas what swat does when you create a user through that interface?

Is there any way to simply force Samba to use locally created users in the
share definition?

Thanks!
jlc