[CentOS] Firefox3 for CentOS4 -- dependency on evolution28 packages?

Fri Oct 10 01:13:38 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 1:41 PM, Bart Schaefer <barton.schaefer at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd been putting off installing the FX3 packages because of some
> extensions I use that don't have upgrades. [*]  However, when FX1.5
> crashed on me today I decided to finally go ahead.  Fired up yum and
> I'm told I have to install a slew of evolution28 library packages in
> order to install the firefox package.  Why?  I removed evolution from
> my system for a reason, and I'd just as soon it stays gone.

Bart: What version of CentOS are you running on that box? Are you
using GNOME? There may be a connection between Evolution and GNOME. I
stopped using Evolution, when I moved to Thunderbird recently, but I
still have it installed. When you do get Firefox 3 running properly,
you will not miss 1.5....  Lanny