[CentOS] Re: Unexpected FTP Activity

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Oct 10 18:42:11 UTC 2008

on 10-10-2008 9:52 AM Filipe Brandenburger spake the following:
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 12:07, Mike -- EMAIL IGNORED
> <m_d_berger_1900 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Yes indeed!  I do some complicated things, and I can
>> do without the wonderful surprises that updates
>> sometimes deliver.  I do updates, but at times of
>> my choice, and I watch what I get.
> Good luck with the wonderful surprises you will have to deal with if
> your machine gets compromised while running unpatched vulnerable
> software.
> Filipe
He didn't say he wasn't going to update, he just said he wants to do it on his
schedule. Nothing wrong with that. As a matter of fact, it is more proper to
update when you have tested on an enterprise system.

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and
you notice quickly if they don't!!!!