[CentOS] Re: [OT] What is the best network monitoring tool?

Kenneth Price kprice at nowyouknow.net
Mon Oct 13 17:12:40 UTC 2008

>i'm  looking for something that is agent-less and not java ( i want to
>keep it relatively light weight). anything else out there?

I haven't been keeping up with this thread, so I apologize for repeating any other suggestions, but have you looked at:

1) Cacti (http://www.cacti.net/)
2) Centreon (http://www.centreon.com/)

Cacti has plenty of 3rd party plugins if you want, or just use SNMP in it's default form.  And Centreon, like Nagios, doesn't require you to use agents if you don't want.

Regards,
Kenneth Price