[CentOS] Seeking advice about auth/home serving

Laurent Wandrebeck l.wandrebeck at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 10:05:44 UTC 2008

2008/10/15 Ian Forde <ian at duckland.org>:

> Without knowing more specifics, you could always try using the /net
> automount... as in: /net/servername/data
>
> It's ugly, and rarely used, but it works for small networks...
OK, here are some more details:
each /data is between 1 and 8 TB, network is gbps. Generally, we
process data locally for efficiency/latency (processing often touches
several tens or hundreds of GB) , but sometimes a box can be a bit
overloaded, and we want to process data on another server, using nfs
mounts. Our datacenter keeps growing, and mounting every /data on
every box is becoming ugly. I'm willing to know if there's a cleaner
solution.
automount could do the trick, but it's ugly, as you said :)
Thanks,
Laurent