[CentOS] Problem building Perl net-snmp

Marcelo M. Garcia marcelo.maia.garcia at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 15 12:31:22 UTC 2008

I'm trying to build the perl modules of net-snmp-5.4.2. Everything seems
to work fine until "make test"[1]. The problem with "DynaLoader.pm"
seems to be an old one.

The machine is Centos 5.2 i386

I'm trying to build instead of using the one available in the repos
because I'll build in other platforms and also in nagios-plugins.

  Failed 17/17 tests, 0.00% okay
t/getnext.....Can't load
for module NetSNMP::default_store: libnetsnmp.so.15: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
line 16
Compilation failed in require at
line 16.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
line 16.
Compilation failed in require at t/getnext.t line 15.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at t/getnext.t line 15.

         Test returned status 2 (wstat 512, 0x200)