[CentOS] firefox is incredibly unstable

sbeam sbeam at onsetcorps.net
Wed Oct 15 16:55:41 UTC 2008

does anyone else have major probs with Firefox as installed on CentOS5?

ever since the RPM for FF3 came out it has been crashing daily. Usually when I
use Save As... or Browse... or anything else that brings up the Gnome file
picker. After the crash I re-start then the file picker works for a while.

Sometimes it just takes scrolling or click+drag an image or some other random
action. BANG your'e dead. Very frustrating.

Now today it is just crashing randomly, I am not even touching it. Maybe one
of my plugins, I know. I guess I will run it with debugger/strace. but does
anyone else see this?

$ rpm -qa firefox
$ cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 5.2 (Final)