[CentOS] firefox is incredibly unstable

sbeam sbeam at onsetcorps.net
Wed Oct 15 17:39:06 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 15 October 2008 13:27, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> > ever since the RPM for FF3 came out it has been crashing daily. Usually
> > when I use Save As... or Browse... or anything else that brings up the
> > Gnome file picker. After the crash I re-start then the file picker works
> > for a while.

should have mentioned that neither crashreporter nor talkback were coming up.
Once in a while I get Gnome "Bug-Buddy" which fails to do anything useful.
Seems like someone at RH tinkered with mozilla's crash handling....

> Not for me. I have had 1 crash in 2 weeks. I would look at doing
> dealing with the usual suspects:
>
> 1) Remove any extra plugins you added.
> 2) mv .mozilla .mozilla-bad-$(date -Im) and start over.
>
> If the problem does not go away then it is some other item that is
> causing the issue.

Well I need my plugins to get work done so I installed the binary from
mozilla.org in /opt/ and symlinked to that, seems to be better so far. This
is what I used to do to get the latest version anyway, so if it works will
just stay this way. If not I'll get on bugzilla and pursue that.

thanks

Sam