[CentOS] OT: is parted reliable?

Bob Taylor bob8221 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 20:36:34 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 12:45 -0700, bruce wrote:
> say bob...
>
> it appears some would like to have the proverbial question "how can i do X"
> removed as well, particularly if X isn't somehow a direct centos issue.
> however, it might be that X is indeed a package in the centos mirror!!
>
> for my $0.02 worth, asking a question never hurts, and you can always choose
> to not reply, while someone else might repsond with the answer, which then
> might even help someone else who's later searching through the archives!!!

IMHO, other than *very* newbies, I would expect people to at least try
Google, then apropos and man if appropriate. My point was that the base
distribution is now so large, that many people are overwhelmed. Such as:

I've just installed CentOS. my X doesn't work. Now what do I do to fix
it.

A valid question needing a valid answer. List maintainers can do what I
do. Skip the thread.

All too many people just need a place to *start* or a gentle *hint*.
Just *how* many lists are we supposed to be members of?

Bob

--
Bob Taylor