[CentOS] new list proposal

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Wed Oct 15 22:36:04 UTC 2008

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 15:25:24 -0700
Bill Campbell <centos at celestial.com> wrote:

> Personally I prefer the more general lists rather than splitting
> off into a bunch of more specific ones.  I often learn things by
> reading messages that I would see on more targeted lists.  The
> more general lists also seem more likely to engender a feeling of
> community (the linux-sxs.org nee Caldera list is a case in point).

I tend to agree with you, actually.  The Fedora list, for example, seems to
work fine as far as I can see (most of the time, anyway), and I just skip over
anything that doesn't look interesting to me.

However, I can appreciate that some folks may not want to deal with the "noise"
and, when it comes to Centos, where else are you going to take it in that case?

I suspect that most of the discussion and question ask-and-answer stuff
currently dealt with here will migrate to the new list within a short period of
time, simply because it will be more free-wheeling and easy to post to.  This
list will become much less active and relevant if that occurs.

Accordingly, I plan to subscribe to both lists when the second one is created
and hope to continue to learn stuff.