[CentOS] Seeking advice about auth/home serving

Ross Walker rswwalker at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 02:13:34 UTC 2008

On Oct 15, 2008, at 2:47 PM, MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 7:14 AM, Ross Walker <rswwalker at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>

>> If all your doing is serving up mount maps or netgroups then ldap
>> is over
>> kill, definitely don't put passwords in nis (or ldap) use kerberos
>> for
>> those.
>>
>> A small user base can be handled more easily via nis then ldap you
>> don't
>> need to put passwords in passwd use kerberos for those.
>>

> Maybe it's just me, but I find sentences like the above two to be
> terribly confusing since they lack any punctuation to separate the
> separables.  Since I am just learning about this area, I need all the
> clarity I can get.  Perhaps others are in a similar situation, so,
> please use punctuation of some kind - separate lines, commas,
> semicolons, etc.

Sigh...

I resist top posting and trim and thread my replies, stay on topic, am
polite, all while tapping out on my iPhone display.

But that ain't enough no, now I have to watch my run on sentences!

Sheesh, from now on MHR, your  name will be Grumpy.

So Grumps, if my answers bring up more questions then why not just ask
for clarification rather then get all over my poor punctuation?

-Ross