[CentOS] Missing something about sendmail

Paul R. Ganci ganci at nurdog.com
Thu Oct 16 05:23:33 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I have a strange problem that I don't understand. I have an access file
which has the following line:                 OK # xsmtp02.mail2web.com

Yet email from this IP address is getting rejected. From my log file

Oct 15 21:52:33 mx01 sendmail[10569]: ruleset=check_relay,
arg1=xsmtp02.mail2web.com, arg2=,
relay=xsmtp02.mail2web.com [], reject=553 5.3.0 OK #

Is this because I have commented out

dnl FEATURE(delay_checks)dnl

in my sendmail.mc?

What is the ruleset check_relay actually doing in this case. I have seen
other cases where it rejected a message but always with a useful
message. why is there a reject=553 code but with an OK after it? Can
somebody give me a clue as to what I have misconfigured.

Paul (ganci at nurdog.com)