[CentOS] new list proposal

Sorin Srbu sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Thu Oct 16 06:25:45 UTC 2008

Karanbir Singh <> scribbled on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 11:55 PM:

>> And to better cater to these conversations, as well as further encourage
>> such content, we'd like to propose creating a 'centos-tech' list.
>
> Also, all comments are welcome!

Sounds like a plan.

How would a newbie know what list to ask on though? I think this might be a
crucial point. You'll need to specify pretty hard what is and what is not a
proper topic on the lists respectively.

Splitting it up *might* make the list more, well split, causing confusion
where to post what and so on, and you'd still get the noise on both lists,
only double the amount.

On a personal note, I'm already subscribed to thirtysome lists now. One more
won't matter much. If I find the techie-list isn't for me, I can unsub.
--
BW,
	Sorin

# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,	Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >3 signals> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,		Mobile: +46 (0)701-718023
# Box 574, Uppsala University,	Fax: +46 (0)18-4714482
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden	Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#					Web: http://www.orgfarm.uu.se
# ()  ASCII ribbon campaign - Against html E-mail
# /\
#
# MotD follows:
# If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.