[CentOS] Missing something about sendmail

Paul R. Ganci ganci at nurdog.com
Thu Oct 16 07:56:51 UTC 2008

Christopher Chan wrote:
>> I have a strange problem that I don't understand. I have an access
>> file which has the following line:
> Did you run makemap? Does the db file contain the same stuff as the
> text file?
Yes. The output of

makemap -u hash access.db >access_dump

shows

168.144.250.215 OK # xsmtp02.mail2web.com

It is there.

After a lot of research I realized I am using two features that muck
with the check_relay ruleset. The DCC hackmc script to make DCC
understand about whitelisting from the access database and
FEATURE(`require_rdns2',`forgedignore')dnl which requires the relay to
have a rDNS. This changes the usual check_relay code albeit I haven't
figured out how it can generate a 553 error code along with an OK.

--
Paul (ganci at nurdog.com)