[CentOS] new list proposal

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Thu Oct 16 18:03:21 UTC 2008

Spike Turner wrote:
> Out of curiosity which major linux distro operates
> a fragmented mailing list such as the one proposed?

http://lists.debian.org/completeindex.html
https://lists.ubuntu.com/
https://ml.mandriva.net/wws/lists

Compared to those CentOS really has few lists.

> Recently Wikipedia migrated from Red Hat/Fedora to
> Ubuntu? Why didn't they consider CentOS?

I don't know - do you?

> I think I've seen Dag Wieers and Johhny Hughes posting questions
> on the Nahant-list, why not on this list or the Centos forum?

Because they had Nahant questions or wanted to make Nahant users or developers
aware of something? I think basically they chose the venue they thought to be
correct for the question.

> Such a fragmentation as that proposed is one guaranteed to
> turn the CentOS mailing list along the lines of the CentOS forum.

In favour for the forums (and that from me!): It's massively easier to filter
out stuff in a mailing list than it is to do so in a forum.

Ralph