[CentOS] new list proposal

Spike Turner spiketurner09 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 17 12:19:36 UTC 2008

Akemi Yagi  wrote:

> Spike Turner wrote:
> > Who would like the mailing list to be as fragmented
> > as the CentOS forum? Fragmentation means erosion of
> > the userbase and is not good for the community.
> >
> > Spike.
> Once again you are referring to the CentOS forum.  Are you
> saying that
> the forums are fragmented and therefore "not good for
> the community"
> ???  What is your point?  By the way, you have not answered
> my earlier
> inquiry:
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2008-October/066494.html

This is my own personal view based on :-

- the differences between the fedora and centos forum
- (the lack of) participation of known members in the
community in the centos forum as compared to fedora.
- some may not view the centos forum as fragmented
but is the participation at the same level as the
unfragmented mailing list?

Do You Yahoo!?