[CentOS] DHCP static hosts and subnet configuration

John jses27 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 16:37:57 UTC 2008

> # Here is Subnet number 2.
> subnet netmask { # Subnet for 29 computers

Isn't this wrong? If the netmask is .224, it should be either or does not make sense

JohnStanley Writes:
On subnet with a mask of will give enuff ips
for 29 clients. One for the broadcast addy. Primary subnet would be
192.168.x.x.0 wich can only handle 254 clients. X.16 is just taken from that
SN and subnetted out into a different allocation block. I slapped it in
there hopping the OP would see the that other subnets ways to configure it.
Good catch

For 30 hosts per SN it would be x.1 - x.30 and x.30 being the broadcast
addy. So your real close. You making me think to early in the day and made
me get my calculator out.