[CentOS] DHCP static hosts and subnet configuration

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 17:52:12 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 13:18, John <jses27 at gmail.com> wrote:
> To early in the day for all this math.

It really is! :-)

> Your right saying x.31 -  x.63 for
> that particular SN, with x.63 being the broadcast addy and x.31 the network
> addy.

Actually, x.32 to x.63, with x.32 being the network address.

My personal opinion, if you're using RFC1918 addresses for internal
networks, you should only use 255.255.255.0 netmasks everywhere, even
though it's a network for one machine only. Dealing with netmasks is a
PITA, and should be avoided unless there's a real reason to use it,
for instance with valid IPs.

Filipe