[CentOS] Re: Centos 5 and Driver Disks

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Oct 17 18:38:48 UTC 2008

on 10-16-2008 5:15 PM Clint Dilks spake the following:
>> I get a 404 on the url in the OP's post, but if someone has a url to
>> the driver disk in question, I can try and look at what the issue
>> might be
> Hi
> http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_103_13121.shtm
> Or go to http://www.scms.waikato.ac.nz/~clintd/R905/ just to get the
> files I obtained from Dell.
> On closer reading of the instructions I see that the say to use a USB
> CD/ DVD drive anyway so I am confused as to what the point of the driver
> disk really is.
That part is probably a typo. It says to use a FDD or USB removable storage
for the driver disk image. Either expand it to a floppy, which the server
probably doesn't have, or put it unexpanded onto a USB flash drive.
Then boot from the built in optical drive and use the linux dd command.

Or you can use
(watch the wrap, above should be on one line) to pull it off your webserver if
you give the setup a proper gateway address so it can reach outside.

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and
you notice quickly if they don't!!!!