[CentOS] DHCP static hosts and subnet configuration

John jses27 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 22:25:59 UTC 2008

> I wonder why I cant do that, seeing as have been doing it over 10 years.
One
> often misguided approach to setting them up is, facing it directly into
the
> open internet. Your as good as gone when someone hits up the ftp port on
> that shiny new PIX and tunnels right in.

I never heard anyone calling that "subnetting", as a subnet is a differently
defined term.
-------------------------
JohnStanley Writes

I agree Subnetting and Subnet are 2 different things in whole. Subnetting is
taking an IP and borrowing bits from the ip and making additional net blocks
perferably in dotted decimal form is the easiest way.
I guess seeing as you (DE Land) and I(US) both are of different
nationalities bring up the information devide between us. For the most part
we are referring to the same thing but are calling it a diferent name. I do
often however have a laugh at times about things on this list from people in
Europe. I read posts sometime that mean something totaly different here but
then some will answer it where the poster is from and then it kinda begins
to make sense.