[CentOS] Re: Replacement for Intel SDS2 Motherboard

Camron W. Fox cwfox at us.fujitsu.com
Tue Oct 21 20:57:29 UTC 2008

John R Pierce wrote:
> you're going to need new motherboard, new ram, new CPUs...    you really
> should be looking for new SERVER.

	Sorry, misread. It's a tower case. And though I appreciate the advice,
you are preaching to the choir. This is not my choice, nor is it my
decision. I'm just doing the leg work.

> your existing 5+ year old 10 ATA
> drives are likely only a few 100GB or so total, organized as at least 3
> seperate raids ? (raids can't span controllers).

	Actually, 1 x 500GB (500GB/RAID0), 2 x 1.5TB (RAID5).

Best Regards,
Camron

Camron W. Fox
Hilo Office
High Performance Computing Group
Fujitsu Management Services of America, Inc.
E-mail:		cwfox at us.fujitsu.com