[CentOS] Re: CentOS 4.7 Server CD - update frontpage

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Oct 23 16:11:13 UTC 2008

on 10-23-2008 3:34 AM Spike Turner spake the following:
> Ralph Angenendt  wrote:
>> Spike Turner wrote:
>>> Perhaps with the release of the CentOS 4.7 Server CD
>>> the frontpage at www.centos.org could be updated to
>>> reflect this new development rather than 4.4?
>> In cases like this - could you open a bug at
>> <http://bugs.centos.org/>?
>> I'll take this further, though, thanks.
> This is one of the things I don't understand at the
> totalitarian republic of CentOS. I believe an announcement
> was made also to distrowatch and when people come looking
> they find out of date information.
> Bugs/bugzilla should be for reporting bugs at least that
> is the way it is elsewhere.
> Spike.
I think the problem is that the volunteer that created the CD and announced it
isn't the same volunteer that updates the website.

Volunteers usually have varying amounts of free time.

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and
you notice quickly if they don't!!!!