[CentOS] Re: CentOS 4.7 Server CD - update frontpage

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Oct 23 19:15:59 UTC 2008

on 10-23-2008 11:57 AM John Hinton spake the following:
> MHR wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 9:11 AM, Scott Silva
>> <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I think the problem is that the volunteer that created the CD and
>>> announced it
>>> isn't the same volunteer that updates the website.
>>>
>>> Volunteers usually have varying amounts of free time.
>>>

>> This is obviously a bug that should be fixed....
>>
>> ;^)
>>
>> mhr
>>
> I think all Server CD downloads and links should be permanently removed
> from the website to avoid these issues in the future. Perhaps all of the
> other volunteered 'free' stuff as well. This issue has created a nasty
> tone on this list and we don't want any nasty tones on this list. In
> order to better align all members of this list, please remove all
> packages from the repository which might be used for a graphical
> interface and revert back to the old package selection tool from RH 5.2.
> This way we will all be on pure server installs and not further be
> divided. To this end, we will no longer need the Server CD as one will
> be able to totally control an install at which point we should all be
> united and happy again.
> :p
>
> Whew!!! Everyone's systems must really be running nicely these days!
>
> What happened to the good old threads... like on what particular date
> will you release Centos 7.3?
> John Hinton
I wasn't bashing, I just assumed that different people in the CentOS chain had
much different schedules as to what gets done when.

I don't expect up to the minute changes here, because ... frankly... You get
what you pay for. And since most users of CentOS aren't paying, the developers
have to keep day jobs for those luxuries like food and heat, a roof over their
heads, etc...

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and