[CentOS] Simple audio recording app?

Sun Oct 26 17:49:22 UTC 2008

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 8:21 AM, Niki Kovacs <contact at kikinovak.net> wrote:
> I'd like to get my microphone to work (mainly to use it with Skype). I've
> just been looking for a simple audio recording app, as I vaguely remember
> having seen such a thing before, only I can't seem to find it anymore. I'm
> using the default GNOME desktop with the latest CentOS 5.
> Any suggestions?

This is something I also need to spend more time to get working for
Skype  on Linux. Works fine on MS Windows (Skype is the primary reason
I am still using MS Windows) but not on Linux. My Sound Card is a
cs46xx Cirrus Logic CS  4614/22/24 (Crystal Clear SoundFusion Audio
Acc) and the driver is snd-cs46xx

No intention of hijacking your thread, but I'm also using GNOME and
fully up to date CentOS 5.2 (32 bit).  No audio output from the
microphone....  Niki: I hope we can get this to work! Lanny