[CentOS] Re: Problem selecting installation drive : 5.2

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Oct 27 16:59:46 UTC 2008

on 10-27-2008 1:27 AM Ralph Angenendt spake the following:
> Scott Silva wrote:
>> The default install doesn't do a software raid, and if you are trying to use
>> an Nvidia onboard raid controller as a raid device in linux, you are probably
>> out of luck.
>> To do software raid  with LVM over it, you have to do it all manually. First
>> creating the raid devices, and then adding the resulting md devices as LVM
>> partitions.
> Well, the installer *does* help you with that.
> Ralph
OP said he accepted the "default" which isn't software raid.
When I said manually, I guess I meant that there are no "wizards" or such
nonsense. No button that says "Create raid-1 mirror system", which would be
nice for beginners.

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and
you notice quickly if they don't!!!!