[CentOS] boot problems

fabian dacunha fabian at baladia.gov.kw
Tue Oct 28 09:31:22 UTC 2008

dear All.

Sorry for my earlier mail which i was not able to explain correctly

as i said b4
i had installed centos 5.2 to be as a squid proxy server and it was
working fine for over a month or so but 3 days back the machine after a
reboot jus refused to boot.

after the post it tries to boot and the screen jus dispaly the below message

GNU Grub version 0.97
[Minimal Bash like line editing is supported .....

guess grub cant find the OS file ..

how could i possible go about this

would really apprecite your help n suggestions

regards

Fabian

once again sorry for my earlier email

> On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 7:31 AM, fabian dacunha <fabian at baladia.gov.kw>
> wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I am quite new to centos
>>
>> i had installed centos 5.2 to be as a squid proxy server and it was
>> working fine for over a month or so
>>
>> but 3 days back the machine after a reboot jus refused to boot
>>
>> it jus was goin to the grub prompt
>>

> Which one?
>
>> i wd really apprecite if someone cd help me ..
>>
>> cd i boot from centos boot cd n go to rescue mode and check grub
>>
> Yes, but you probably need to provide more info to get the right answers.
>
>> 2) if grub is OK how cd i reinstall centos without destroying data
>>

> Let's take it one step at a time.
>
> mhr
>
> --
> believed to be clean.