[CentOS] freenx 7.3?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 18:13:29 UTC 2008

Johnny Hughes wrote:
> Les Mikesell wrote:
>> Has anyone built a freenx 7.3 for Centos 5?  I'd like to be able to use
>> the session shadow mode on some machines.
>>

> Les,
>
> You can try the version of freenx here:
>
> http://people.centos.org/hughesjr/nx/
>
> (freenx-0.7.3 is there, the NX is same as released version)
> If it all works well, we can release this version of freenx.

Thanks! The i386 version installs OK, works at least as well as the
previous version and I have been able to connect to a shadow session of
another freenx session.  However, I think I'm missing something about
how to connect to a shadowed console session.  If I configure the client
to use a vnc session, I can see it as vnc-local but haven't been able to
connect even though I am connecting as the same user.  Do I need to set
a password for this?  Is documentation for the new features available
somewhere?

--
    Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com