[CentOS] CentOS 4.7 Server CD - update frontpage

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Wed Oct 29 13:43:40 UTC 2008

Spike Turner wrote:
> R P Herrold  wrote:
>
>> yada, yada, grumble, mumble
>
> You know after all this time the CentOS frontpage
> is still showing out of date info. You and Ralph
> could have stopped wasting time and simply edited
> the link to 4.7 instead of 4.4 as is the case now.
>
> Is the "C" in CentOS supposed to be "Community" or
> "Communist"? Maybe "T" from "Totalitarian" would be more
> appropriate?
>
> Spike.

It is not about you ... please stop bring a complete ass.

I edit the CentOS main page ... and you know what, there are only so
many hours in a day, where I have to do $work so I can eat and pay for
my house, as well as spend 40-60 hours a week on a free project so you
can have a free operating system that you do not appreciate.  So that
you can then tell me that I do not do enough things for free to suit
your taste ... you know what ... i do not give a flying F$$$ what you
think.  I do not care at all ... not one tiny little bit.  Nope, nada,
don't care ... I CAN'T HEAR YOU ... LA LA LA LA

The main CentOS page is there to explain the product and provide links,
it would be quite nice if we had a sugar daddy like feodra ... it would
also be nice if we had 1500 people who would do the web page updates,
but you know what ... that is not what we have.  We are not Debian or
Fedora with thousands of developers or dollars.  We are a group of 10-20
active developers who care about the code, the ISOs and the trees that
we distribute.  The main website is not our major concern, though we
would like it to be up2date, and did try to update it.

If you don't like it .. GREAT .. please move to another distro that has
more tolerance for whining, non-appreciative, 12 year-old antics.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes