[CentOS] how to get rid of "kerberos"

Marcelo M. Garcia

marcelo.maia.garcia at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 29 14:02:03 UTC 2008

Hi

How to get rid of kerberos, or at least to prevent to go into path?
Where is defined the path for users?

I need to configure and use rtools (I know that I should use ssh, but I
need rtools) and I think very annoying the messages from Kerberized rsh
or rlogin, like this:
-sh-3.2$ rsh kitten02
connect to address 192.168.89.2 port 543: Connection refused
Trying krb4 rlogin...
connect to address 192.168.89.2 port 543: Connection refused
trying normal rlogin (/usr/bin/rlogin)
Last login: Tue Jun  3 20:17:32 from kitten01
-sh-3.2$

But if kerberos is not in path, everything works fine:
-sh-3.2$ rsh kitten02
Last login: Tue Jun  3 20:13:13 from kitten01
-sh-3.2$

Thanks

Marcelo