[CentOS] Problem with svn/apache

Joe Tseng

joe_tseng at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 29 20:01:03 UTC 2008

I hope someone can help me with this b/c I'm stumped...  I had set up an svn repository a while ago with an apache/webdav front end using the default centos packages.  For some reason this morning it stopped working for me - it would give me a 403 error.  I suppose the problem is with Apache and not svn.

So far I've checked the following:
I use a couple of files called svn_htpasswd_file (for userids/password hashes) and svn_auth_file (users, groups and permissions) - I verified the files were still apache:apache and were user-readable
Just for grins I ran "chown -R apache:apache" on my repository home directory and all repositoriesI made a new user entry in the two files listed above with full admin rightsI restarted httpd and rebooted the serverI made sure the httpd processes were running using apache as userAnd I've run out of ideas.  Has anyone else seen this before?

 - Joe

Failure is always an option -- Adam Savage