[CentOS] Can one invoke multiple INSTANCEs of Firefox on CentOS

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Thu Oct 30 13:52:19 UTC 2008

On Thu, October 30, 2008 09:41, James B. Byrne wrote:

> Thank you very much for the hint.  I went to the Mozilla Firefox Help
page
> and read up on this.  However, when I run:
>
> # firefox -ProfileManager
>
> All I get is a new Firefox window with all of the bookmarks and history
of
> my standard user profile.  Am I missing something here?

If the initial condition is that no instances of Firefox is running then
"firefox -ProfileManager" will indeed bring up the Profile Manager and
allow one to chose which profile to use or manage profiles.  However, that
is the only circumstance where this occurs.  Once a Firefox instance is
running subsequent invocations skip the profile manager and start a new
window with the same profile as the first.

Is this intended behaviour?

Canada  L8E 3C3